Sunday 18 October 2009

Bean slicer

I've had a number of people post me messages about the bean slicer I used in the video on how to preserve runner beans.

It's from Lakeland Plastics. Here's the link the the product:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/keyword/runner%20bean%20slicer

Generally I find it a useful product, the two drawbacks are that it does not often remain fixed to a work surface and its base stops you from putting a collecting tray or plate conveniently below the blades. You can get an idea from the photo below of David chopping beans.

Runner beans summer 09 no 2

Nevertheless, I would recommend it, especially if you grow lots of runner beans. It does make the job of dealing with large quantities much easier. It's currently selling at £19.77.

And to illustrate the point.....

Before:

Runner beans summer 09 no 1

After:

Runner beans summer 09 no 5

And just because I feel very proud of my runner bean crop this year!:

Runner beans summer 09 no 3

And don't forget our video on how to preserve runner beans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh9u5A8vuvI

No comments: