Sunday 10 January 2010

Making fruit leathers

As promised to various people, here is the video I made last month on how to make fruit leathers.



They really are fun to make though knowledge of them has all but died out. A few hundred years ago, people would have made them and probably baked them in the sun in the summer and autumn. They are a good way of storing carbohydrates. The honey in them makes them very sweet and they make an ideal and interesting alternative to commercially produced sweets.

My advice is give them a go!

2 comments:

Dene Wood said...

Love the site, and the fruit leathers are pretty cool. Do you fancy a link exchange, here is my blog http://noobveg.blogspot.com/

thanks

w00dy

Unknown said...

Bless you for such comprehensive instructions! I will have a stab at it with my daughter when the berries come on.