Monday 9 May 2011

Typical - it chooses to rain now

We have had the driest start to spring that I can remember. No rain of any serious quantity for about six weeks. During that time I have had to work long hours on some of my other, non-gardening activities. Now that that work is behind me and I can get down to the allotment a bit more, it chooses to rain. Indeed, not just rain. We had a terrific storm this afternoon whilst I was weeding bed 4. When it stopped I emerged from the shelter of the greenhouse and found the ground too wet to continue weeding so I came back home.

Bed 4 is in need of a thorough weeding because it is the location for two new additions to the allotment - a pond and a polytunnel. We have a raised bed there already but the polytunnel will go onto it. The soil from the pond will be added to the raised bed, hence the need to remove every weed from it. I'll keep you posted as to how we get on.

No comments: