Thursday 5 July 2012

Our polluted oceans

The people who created the following graphic have asked me a couple of times if I would be interested in including it on my blog. I have looked through it and though it is not a reflection of the issues with which I deal on Self-Sufficient in Suburbia, it nevertheless coincides with my views and concerns about how we are treating our planet. So here it is:

Ocean of Garbage
Created by: MastersDegree.net

Fish and seafood is something I have reduced in my diet. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, I am aiming to be self-sufficient so eating haddock ad king prawns doesn't exactly fit in with that. Secondly, I am concerned that we are overfishing our seas and oceans. Fish and sea food is therefore consumed by me as a reasonably rare treat.

No comments: