Tuesday 24 June 2014

Back home

I am now back home from my short trip to London and Copenhagen. I was gone for only 5 days but in that time the older chicks have got bigger and are clearly wanting to be released from the chick house to joint the flock; the younger chicks have grown rapidly and their colouring has come on in leaps and bounds (especially the barnevelders which are looking great), the strawberries are looking bigger than ever and our duck eggs are pipping. The ducklings inside are making a great noise, chirping away.

A sack of pigeons is waiting for me and I am about to cut off the breasts. The elderflower champagne is ready to be transferred from the fermenting bucket to bottles and the gooseberries are ready for picking and making into jam. It's all go here!

No comments: