Sunday 10 August 2014

My winning entries



I entered 9 competitions in the industrial section of the Slaley Show yesterday. These are my 6 winning entries. Above - our honey. This was the first time we have entered a honey competition so the result was rather pleasing.



This was our raspberry gin, coming in first place for fruit liqueur. Again, we have not entered anything alcoholic before.



Rhubarb and blackcurrant won us first prize in the "any other jams" category.



Orange and lemon marmalade came in 2nd place in the marmalade section.



Our other 2nd place was for lemon curd.



And finally, 3rd place for rhubarb and ginger jam.

1 comment:

Little House By The Sea said...

I've never tried raspberry gin, I'm quite partial to sloe or damson gin though. I have some blackberries in the freezer and was thinking about putting them in some gin, you might have spurred me into getting it done.

Lovely blog.