Thursday 8 January 2015

Storm damage to quail house



This is one of the corners of the quail house roof. As you can see there is a bit of a hole in it, caused by recent gales. It is unlikely the quails could fly through the hole though I did cover it over with a plastic sack and duck tape. Tonight we are suffering from another strong gale and my fear is that the wind could rip the whole roof panel off. So, I have put the quail into their hutches which are in the quail house. The hutches are usually kept open so that the quail can come and go. Not tonight. The hutches are closed up with the 14 birds inside them.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope you dont suffer any more damage and your birds stay safe.

Jonathan Wallace said...

I had to do another repair this morning but all birds are fine.