Saturday 18 June 2016

It's a boy!

goat kids June 16 (27)

I'm pleased to report that Pinkie, our Golden Guernsey goat, gave birth to a billy kid this morning. It was a vet assisted birth as she was 2 days late. I had been up all night with her in the goat house waiting to go into labour. After last year's drama, in which Pinkie had to have a caesarian and we lost the 2 kids at birth, along with the death of Geraldine in labour 3 weeks ago, this time we were taking no chances, hence the decision to have a vet around when she was ready to go.

Both mother and son are doing well.

goat kids June 16 (16)

goat kids June 16 (28)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! After enduring some less-than-successful kiddings, I've learned to be most thankful for healthy mamas and live/healthy babies. Gender is NOT a top priority for me these days!!! Besides, some of my most loving goats are bucks! They have extra special personalities. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

💕