Thursday 7 July 2016

Attracting pollinators

Wild flower seeds Miracle Gro June 16

I went to a Planting Up Whickham committee meeting recently. I had been send a parcel of goodies by Miracle Gro. In it was a couple of big bags of wild flower seeds for attracting pollinators. I have given one to the Whinnies Community Garden in Sunniside where my allotment is to plant there but I took the second to PUW in the hope I could interest them in planting up a bed beside the library with them. Alas, I wasn’t aware a member of the group has already made a fantastic job of planting up that bed. I had a look when I left the meeting. (See photos below). I'm still looking for somewhere else to plant the seeds though time is starting to run out.

Whickham Library Garden June 16 (1)

Whickham Library Garden June 16 (2)

No comments: